MinGW RPM packages - discontinued

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 31 16:57:09 CDT 2008

Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Saturday 31 May 2008 22:50:38 Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for all the hard work you did maintaining those RPMs!
>> Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
<snipped>

I would like to say a thank-you as well. I only wrote to Mingw-devel and R-devel
(an R package I regularly cross-compile for), but I have started distributing
my cross-compiler rpm's a few days ago, and I learned from yours.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=217165

Mine is just one giant package put under /opt/mingw - there are two other
sourceforge projects (besides mingw itself, which does not) which distribute
cross-compiler rpms - one doing 4.3 and one doing 4.0.

As my primary purpose is compiling and build the windows build of something I
wrote, I chose to keep it simple - it is just one rpm (unlike the other
projects), and it is just a simple wrapper around the cross-build script
rather than trying to scavenge it.

Hope it is useful to the people.

Hin-Tak