Wine integration with native (Gtk, Qt, Cocoa/Carbon) themes

Steven Edwards sedwards at bordeauxgroup.com
Sun Nov 2 16:28:39 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> FWIW, my opinion is that any deep integration
> is going to be hard, and that for the moment
> we should go with something much simpler:
> simply support mstheme files well, and provide
> themes that look like the default themes on
> Ubuntu / OpenSuse / Fedora.

I agree. I simply think any outside tools we develop should be used in
conjunction with a proposed formal standard. If the MS formats are
open there is no reason we cannot propose the usage of them, or a
variation on them as part of FreeDesktop making Wine play nicer with
everyone (mono and moonlight prove MS standards and formats can be of
use for Linux). I'll spend some of the copious amounts of free-time I
have at work researching for formats and we can continue the propose
standard discussion off list later in the week.

--
Steven Edwards