wininet: let automated testers force all DNS lookups to return localhost

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Mon Nov 3 15:50:08 CST 2008

On So, 2008-11-02 at 10:58 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

> > This approach won't help users of the Wine conformance
> > tests running on Windows,
>
> Sure it would; just make the test server setup script run on cygwin properly.

require an installed cygwin is broken by design.
winetest.exe is a standalone application.

> > We should instead rewrite any existing tests that
> > use a public server to instead use a server started
> > by the Wine test code (see dlls/wininet/tests/http.c:server_thread).
> Yes, absolutely.

That will add a lot of code.
Add a local_server.c for every dll that need it is another Idea.

I prefer to have a winetest.dll for that.
A winetest.dll / winetest.sys allow us to create even more tests.
(Global Hooks and Device Drivers as examples)

--

By by ... Detlef