Wine support for win64

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Nov 4 16:28:32 CST 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
[...]
> > The fix for all these is to replace 'long' with 'LONG' which Wine keeps
> > 32bit just like Windows (though I wonder if we should not use something
> > lile 'wine_long' instead).
> What would 'wine_long' gain us? LONG is already ugly enough.

The Windows SDK did not standardize on either long or LONG, instead they
use a mixture (well, mostly LONG with some longs here and there). I
don't know what their intention is with that, if they have one, it just
bothers me to lose that information in the Wine headers. Just in case a
few years down the road they decide that long extends to 128bits in
Win128 but LONG does not. I don't want to have to convert back all our
LONG-that-should-be-longs to something else again.

It may be a bit paranoid, and maybe it's not worth it (though I don't
think it costs us much). In any case, whatever Alexandre decides I'll
follow.

        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
                          is wasted on screen savers.
                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm