Implementing WFP

Steven Edwards sedwards at bordeauxgroup.com
Wed Nov 5 15:37:37 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM, C.J. Adams-Collier <cjac at colliertech.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> What steps need to be taken to implement the WFP API using libwine?
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb427363(VS.85).aspx
>
> The first platform I'd like to see implementation on is Linux/iptables.
>
> *BSD/pf is next on the list followed by Solaris/ipf

Do you have an application in mind that requires it? Getting anything
implemented around here requires in most cases first identifying some
third party app that needs said functionality.

You can try stubbing out the dll fwpuclnt.dll and see if that's enough
to make the application in question somewhat work and submit it. After
that you will need to submit the IDL headers and start implementing
the required functions. Send small patches and expect them to get
ignored or rejected on the first few go attempts. Once you've got some
of the functionality implemented if nothing you've submitted has been
merged and it looks good, then you can resend the whole series and it
might get merged.

As with anything, writing regression test from the start will
increases your odds of getting your patches merged in sooner.

Thanks
Steven

--
Steven Edwards