Patch to build \\HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM entries for COM ports

A C Hurst A.Hurst at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 19:03:11 CST 2008

> > Follows example of create_scsi_entries() in oldconfig.c
> > Addresses bug 11811 among others.
> > docs at http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/misc-things-to-configure only mention
> > lowercase names in dosdevices.
> > Hopefully I'm not too far down the s**t list; only my 2nd wine patch, feedback very welcome.
>
> -/* create the hardware registry branch */
> -static void create_hardware_branch(void)
> +/* create the hardware registry branch */
> +void create_hardware_branch(void)
>
> Any particular reason you moved this?
>
> --
> -Austin

Yes, it started as:

void convert_old_config(void)
{
    <other stuff..>
    /* create some hardware keys (FIXME: should not be done here) */
    create_hardware_branch();
}

but create_hardware_branch() did all/only the scsi stuff.
I renamed it create_scsi_branch and added my create_serialcomm_branch, then thought how should I
call it?

Could just as well be:

void convert_old_config(void)
{
    <other stuff..>
    /* create some hardware keys (FIXME: should not be done here) */
    create_scsi_branch();
    create_serialcomm_branch();
}

Would this be better?