RFC: Wine Icons

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:14:52 CST 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 19:13:32 Juan Lang wrote:

> > I find that a bit alarming. I'm sure he's working very hard, and doing
> > good stuff, but I don't think Wine should be redrawing anything. Not
> > when we have Tango around - it's designed to try create some consistency
> > through standardisation. IMO standards are really good! - we use them if
> > we possibly can.
>
> The trouble is that the Tango icon set doesn't cover all the icons
> Wine needs.  There's no Tango icon for regedit, for instance.

IIRC there's Tango icon sets for specific applications. If we're doing our own
icons anyway, we could try to keep them coherent with the rest of the Tango
look and get the icons upstream to Tango.

This seems like the most reasonable approach. Of course the only things I
usually paint are walls so I'd have no idea how easy it is to match the Tango
specs when designing icons.

Cheers,
Kai

--