dlls/oleaut32: add tests for OleLoadPictureFile(Ex)

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 18 11:51:53 CST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 18.11.2008, 08:51 -0800 schrieb Jeremy Drake:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Michael Karcher wrote:
>
> > Looks OK to me, but what happened to your finding about
> > INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND? Was it a red herring?
> I saw that on XP, but I couldn't reproduce it on Windows 2000.  I need to
> investigate this further.  Is there a mechansim to do
> windows-version-specific tests?
We don't care about what version returns which error codes. We treat
both as OK. Relying on windows versions is not a good idea, as
installing Microsoft office in some cases installs a much newer set of
OLE libraries than provided with the operating system. So Windows 2000 +
Office 2003 could very well show the behaviour you observed on Windows
XP. If (I don't think that's the case here) we deem one of the error
codes as inappropriate, that error code gets marked as broken like this:
  ok(res == INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND || broken(res == CTL_E_FILENOTFOUND, "res %08x\n", res)

> > FIXME call showing the parameters and saying stub.
> How do I show the VARIANT in the FIXME call?
Just show the V_VT field. I think there is no debugstr_variant, although
I would find that quite useful. I thought about submitting one.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher