[4/5] wined3d: Use IDL to generate wined3d_interface.h.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:01:04 CST 2008

2008/11/21 Rob Shearman <robertshearman at gmail.com>:
> 2008/11/21 Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at codeweavers.com>:
>> +cpp_quote("#if 0")
>> +import "wined3d_types.idl";
>> +import "wined3d_caps.idl";
>> +cpp_quote("#endif")
>> +
>> +cpp_quote("#include \"wine/wined3d_types.h\"")
>> +cpp_quote("#include \"wine/wined3d_caps.h\"")
>
> You can't do this. It won't work in MIDL and it won't work in widl
> when it is fixed to put the includes for imported files at the start
> of the generated header file, rather than in between the statements
> generated from neighbouring IDL statements.

I already thought that construction was a bit dodgy :-)
The problem is that importing wined3d_types.idl generates an include
for wined3d_types.h, which then can't be found be the code including
wined3d_interface.h because include/wine isn't in the default include
path. Trying to import "wine/wined3d_types.idl" instead doesn't help
much.