Accounts in bugzilla and e-mail addresses used to submit patches

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Nov 23 12:10:42 CST 2008

Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2008/11/23 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>:
>> Can please everyone make sure that their e-mail in bugzilla matches the
>> e-mail they use to submit patches? Or at least make it easily guessable.
>> Or can we have all developers create page on Wiki and state their e-mails
>> they use on bugazilla?
>>
>> The reason I'm asking is the standard procedure for a regression testing is
>> to add author of the patch to CC. However sometimes it's impossible to do.
>> As example this commit that introduced regression (bug 16165):
>>
> Personally, I read wine-bugs anyway, so I'd rather people didn't CC me.
We already have big number of users who do their own regression testing. But
what we don't have is developers addressing introduced problems in the
timely matter.

Some regressions are hard to fix. Some are easy. The best person to make
such a judgment would be the person who made the patch. However lots of
regression bugs don't even see a note from patch author. This is what I'm
trying to fix.

Vitaliy.