Accounts in bugzilla and e-mail addresses used to submit patches

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:55:40 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/23 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>:
>> Can please everyone make sure that their e-mail in bugzilla matches the
>> e-mail they use to submit patches? Or at least make it easily guessable.
>> Or can we have all developers create page on Wiki and state their e-mails
>> they use on bugazilla?
>>
>> The reason I'm asking is the standard procedure for a regression testing is
>> to add author of the patch to CC. However sometimes it's impossible to do.
>> As example this commit that introduced regression (bug 16165):
>>
> Personally, I read wine-bugs anyway, so I'd rather people didn't CC me.

There's a bit of inconsistency of those that do/don't read wine-bugs
(more do). Users don't know who does/doesn't read it, so it'd be
easier on them if everyone had their e-mails in bugzilla so they can
be cc'ed. If you're already on wine-bugs, then set your e-mail
settings to not e-mail you on cc.

--
-Austin