Bugzilla - Add keyword and remove OS's

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:26:07 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Austin wrote:
>> The OS list in bugzilla is a bit excessive. There are 16 OS's that I
>> think we should remove...
>
> I think we should keep most of them, but classic Mac OS
> (pre-X) can go, as we never worked there (not even Darwine),
> and nobody cares about it anymore.  I've deleted
> Mac System 7, and will delete the rest of the classic
> mac OS's if there is consensus.

Seems the issue got distracted by the Mac argument, back to the
original point. Does anyone have a good reason we shouldn't remove
those OS's, aside from wanting to list 'em all pokemon style? They're
unsupported and unlikely to work. ALL those OS's only account for 4 of
the bugs open in bugzilla. Besides, if someone does file a bug, they
can always put other and then put their OS in the bug report...

While we're at it, I'd like to request adding PC-BSD (we separate out
the other BSD's) and OpenSolaris (which has some technical differences
from Solaris).

--
-Austin