RFC: Proposed new web site design

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Nov 25 02:23:16 CST 2008

The look of the website has improved a lot and it feels a lot more modern. Personally I don't like the front page much. I find it a bit empty. I would like to see what Wine is. I would suggest to look at http://www.go-mono.com the website of the Mono project. On their website your directly see on a banner what Mono is and a list with important features is shown in a column on the left. I think Wine's main features could be shown in a similar way. Sure you could have an information page but I think doing what the Mono guys did is enough for 90% of the people. News could be shown in a similar way. I'm not saying we should clone their website but personally I don't like the 'openoffice.org'-like design much.

Roderick

--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a