[2/2] oleacc: implemented GetRoleText[A/W] with tests (try3)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 6 07:18:09 CDT 2008

"Nikolay Sivov" <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:

>> First of all there is no need to send the configure.ac patch separately.
> Ok, but how could I remove auto generated files from patch?
> Now I commit 3 times:
> 1) configure.ac
> 2) regenerated 'configure'
> 3) main patch body.
>
> Then I simply don't send the second one. If there's a easier way please
> let me know.

Use git update-index to explicitly mark the files to commit, then call
git commit.

>> If you mean that the above tests do test that the returned value is
>> the length
>> of the string that's not true, ret > 0 doesn't mean anything.
> Actually it does,

It doesn't. ret > 0 just means that you get a non zero value. Is it 5,
20, 1000? Does it match an actually returned string length?

> to prove this I need to add a new module named
> oleaccrc.dll which contains this resources on Win.

I don't understand the argument about oleaccrc.dll.

>> You are confusing yourself in the above tests. What that 2*ret and
>> 2*ret*sizeof(WCHAR) above values are supposed to mean? Besides you never
>> check the 'ret' for a presumably expected result.
>>

> The purpose of this is to check does GetRoleText change buffer after
> returned string (fill with NULL for example) or not.

Then use explicit values instead, '*sizeof(WCHAR)' part is really confusing.
The coment about not checking the 'ret' still applies.

--
Dmitry.