Sugared Wine

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Sat Oct 11 05:39:51 CDT 2008

Am 11.10.2008 um 03:03 schrieb Vincent Povirk:

> Getting Wine to actually work in that environment was harder than
> anticipated, and taking a desktop that (in my opinion) is good for
> Wine generally and dropping it into sugar did not produce something
> that works well in sugar.

Judging by the photoshopped image you put an an Windows-like desktop
designed for adults into a desktop designed for childs. Now, if you'd
at least hide the original (sugar) desktop you'd re-gain precious
screen space and wouldn't have to explain the childs when to use
which of both desktops.

For me, I've always considered the strength of Wine to provide a
seamless integration into the original operating system / desktop and
_not_ to come with it's own taskbar / launch system. For the Windows-
like experience, I'd always prefer an hardware emulator.

Sorry to have no more encouraging comments.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/