Re[5] [user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Koro webmaster at korosoft.net
Sun Oct 12 00:33:12 CDT 2008

> ok() is for calls never expected to fail, broken() is for broken API
> implementations and should never be used for Wine.

Noted.

> What's the source of info you have used for that?

It was on a comment to that post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/04/29/412577.aspx

It seems to have been deleted since then though. The comment said about
the 0x7fff part, but not about the missing members. I found about the
missing members through experimentation after that.

> Then I'd say there is nothing to fix in Wine, go ahead and fix your app
> instead.

I thought the idea was that "if there's a quirk in Wine you need to work
around, it's much better to fix it in Wine", as said on
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index#HOW-CAN-I-DETECT-WINE

If I had to detect WINE and work around it, it would quite defeat the
purpose I think...