Re[7] [user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Koro webmaster at korosoft.net
Sun Oct 12 13:54:48 CDT 2008

> This is an explanation of the test primitives. Feel free to put it on
> the Wine wiki, if you like it.

That is an *excellent* explanation. Everything becomes clear now, and
indeed this should be documented somewhere (except I can't find how to
edit the wiki without making an account). Maybe somebody could wikify it
for me?

> Use this URL instead:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20061224095348/http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/04/29/412577.aspx

Oh! Thanks a lot! So, on THIS page, it's the fourth comment down, that
reads:

"The hack in windows is to just set the font height to 0x7fff (don't
fill in the other font fields but it still has to be aligned) and it
will use the lfMessageFont for you."

In the beginning I did read the "don't fill in the other font fields" as
"set them to zero" but then I understood later it means "they must not
be there."