[6/6] comdlg32: Add a basic test for IShellView2_CreateViewWindow2.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:14:59 CDT 2008

2008/10/14 Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de>:
> But there might be Win32 applications that do care about specific return
> values. So the implementation in Wine has to match native in returning
> S_OK or S_FALSE (the two most common success values). What is the point
> in not testing your implementation in this regard?

It is pretty rare for COM interfaces to return anything other than
S_OK on success, so I doubt it will make much of a difference in
practice. However, if there's really an application that depends on a
specific return value on success for this interface I'll be sure to
modify the test. I don't particularly care though, so if people feel
strongly that the test should be using "hr == S_OK" I don't mind
changing that. Note that there are plenty of other tests that use
SUCCEEDED/FAILED though.