Re[5] [user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Koro webmaster at korosoft.net
Wed Oct 15 04:20:24 CDT 2008

> This is not the intent of an Open Source project like Wine.  The object
> is to get your name in 'lights' and help fix a problem or implement new
> code.  Others then my modify it or even correct problems you did not
> envision when you produced your code.

> This directly violates the spirit and intent of the LGPL.  Since Wine
> exists under that license model, this would not be very friendly.
> Again, the object is to make a project work better or, in this case,
> work more like Microsoft Windows through a third party Application
> Programming Interface which works with the underlying UNIX/Linux
> operating system.

I think you missed my point.

The thing is, I don't want people to be able to recompile their own
version of a project of mine, because I want to be the only place where
people get the binaries. There's also the problem of backspaceware but
it's another story.

Now, when I said "can't-distribute-but-can-be-used-for-WINE license",
what I really meant was that, I'd give the necessary raw code for
integration into WINE (it'd have to be modified a lot), but once it gets
into WINE, it's WINE code and goes by the WINE license. And therefore,
if somebody wants to take that BACK from WINE, and make their own
TDEmu.dll, or anything else for that matter, I don't care at all.