[user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Oct 15 09:32:03 CDT 2008

Koro wrote:
> That is an *excellent* explanation. Everything becomes
> clear now, and  indeed this should be documented somewhere
> (except I can't find how to edit the wiki without making an account).

That's because you need an account.   (Otherwise there's too
much spam.  Accounts are free.)

> Maybe somebody could wikify it for me?

Done:
http://wiki.winehq.org/Developers-Hints#head-8494fa344a35867c68b6bdd5e6256e4d8d378308

> if somebody wants to take up the project, I guess I
> could release parts of the source (namely, the API
> emulation and the layout / reflow code) under a very
> specific can't-distribute-but-can-be-used-for-WINE
> license.  ...  [That is,}
> I'd give the necessary raw code for integration into
> WINE (it'd have to be modified a lot), but once it gets
> into WINE, it's WINE code and goes by the WINE license.
> And therefore, if somebody wants to take that BACK
> from WINE, and make their own TDEmu.dll, or anything
> else for that matter, I don't care at all.

I think we could live with that.  It would be more convenient
if you could right away place the code you send us under
the LGPL, but either way is ok.   Just send me the code
along with either "I hereby release this code under the
LGPL" or "I hereby release this code, as it is when it
is finally merged into Wine, under the LGPL."
- Dan