[RFC] jscript: Fix shift/reduce conflict by removing redundant FunctionDeclaration rule.

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Wed Oct 15 18:47:10 CDT 2008

Hi Rob,

Rob Shearman wrote:
> The rule is implemented by FunctionExpression which is reduced using
> the Statement rule.
> ---
>  dlls/jscript/parser.y |   37 -------------------------------------
>
> The tests pass with this change, but I haven't looked in detail as to
> whether it will break anything. Jacek, can you check that your
> applications that use jscript still work after this patch is applied?

Thanks for looking at this. There is a big difference between function
expressions and declarations in the specification. I don't know, how
does it handle this shift/reduce conflict, but it doesn't matter. I've
just tested native jscript behavior and (surprise!) it doesn't match
specifications. It seems to handle all functions expressions that have
an identifier as function declarations. It needs more tests and the fix
fill be more complicated (similar to variable handling). I will work on
it tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Jacek