shell32: FOF_MULTIDESTFILES must be set when copying files into directory

Vitaly Perov vitperov at etersoft.ru
Sat Oct 18 07:47:58 CDT 2008

> You never mentioned a specific program, so I still don't know if this
> is a real world bug you're running into.  Either way, your logic is
> flawed, as fileOp.pTo is a single directory in this case, so using
> FOF_MULTIDESTFILES is wrong.

MSDN: FOF_MULTIDESTFILES
    The pTo member specifies multiple destination files (one for each source
file in pFrom) rather than one directory where all source files are to be
deposited.

As I understand, FOF_MULTIDESTFILES must be set, when pTo is directory

The program is Garant 7 F1 (Russian legal system database). I don't think you
know this program.
It is not a real world bug, but there are some significant bugs in
SHFileOperationW. I don't think a lot of programs use SHFileOperationW to
move a files, so these fixes maybe don't fix bugs in bugzilla, but is it
criterion why pathes wouldnt't be applied?
I solve these bugs for Etersoft. Now in Etersoft wine Garant installs
perfectly. But I want to fix these bugs in wine.
I don't think my patches are perfect. I can fix them if you say what's wrong.
I used to write a tests, but even a tests are ignored. Without any
explanation. I was resending them, but had no answer again. Sometimes I think
it's just waste of time.
I have a lot of patches which I could send, but I think they wouldn't be
applied just because they don't fix any "real world bug".

--
Best wishes,
Vitaly Perov