shell32: FOF_MULTIDESTFILES must be set when copying files into directory

Vitaly Perov vitperov at etersoft.ru
Mon Oct 20 10:04:16 CDT 2008

>Vitaly claims he gets no feedback for his patches.  He knows full well
>that I give him plenty of feedback.  I explained to him what was wrong
>with his test SHFileOperation patches, yet he repeatedly sent the same
>patch to the list.  I'm not going to repeat the same comment over and
>over again.

Yes, it was plenty of feedback from James. I was rewriting my test, James
showed my errors, and send the test agan. But when I send the last version of
my test (I thought it was good enough), I have received no reply. I resent it
2 or 3 times but no reply again.

>In this sentence "rather than" is the same as "instead of". So
>FOF_MULTIDESTFILES indicates that the pTo member does *not* specify one
>destination directory, but a list of destination files instead

Yes, now I see my fault. Sometimes it's very difficult to translate such kind
of expressions. I've translated this as "or"

>I suspect (but I am definitely not an expert in this area), that the
>patch Vitaly Perov sent:
>
>| +    /* move many files into directory with FOF_MULTIDESTFILES */
>| +    set_curr_dir_path(from, "test?.txt\0");
>| +    set_curr_dir_path(to, "testdir2\0");
>| +    retval = SHFileOperationA(&shfo2);
>| +    todo_wine
>| +    {
>| +        ok(retval == ERROR_SUCCESS, "Expected ERROR_SUCCESS, got %d\n",
>retval);
>| +        ok(file_exists("testdir2\\test2.txt"), "Expected the
>file 'test2.txt' to exist\n");
>| +        ok(file_exists("testdir2\\test4.txt"), "Expected the
>directory 'test4.txt' to exist\n");
>| +    }

This test is not related to patch "shell32: FOF_MULTIDESTFILES must be set
when copying files into directory"
If the translation of "rather than" is "instead of", now I see my fault.
But this test is passed in windows (win2k3). It doesn't pass in wine.
So, it show difference between windows and wine behaviour.
So, what's wrong in this test?

--
Best wishes,
Vitaly Perov