wine users forum registration issue

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Tue Oct 21 11:25:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:37:22AM -0400, WDDT at aol.com wrote:
> Hi--
>
> I'm a new user of linux and wine and was looking for some help with  a
> database program that ALMOST runs. I found an entry on the forum with a  problem
> similar to mine and wanted to comment, so I decided to register.  Unfortunately,
> I was unable to get the sign-in page to recognize the characters  I typed in.
> I tried several times, including case-matching and entering numbers  on the
> number pad. In fact, I attempted it enough times to be ruled out as  having
> tried too often. Is there an end-run to joining the forum or some magic  insider
> voodoo in place to keep fogeys like me out? (Because I could USE some  voodoo
> at this point with my database!) Any help would be  appreciated.

Thanks for your input!

This is now about the 30th time (no, REALLY, this __IS__ the 30th time,
or possibly even 50th!) that someone has severe issues with WineHQ
forum registration, in the last 12 or so months.
Could someone _please_ finally do something practical about it?

Doing severe cross-posting to make sure this does get noticed, thanks.

(I should be doing entirely different things ATM, but I simply cannot
let this huge usability and mailbox clogging issue linger any longer,
thus I'm escalating it, sorry)

Thanks,

Andreas Mohr