configure: Require at least version 1.6 of gnutls.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 04:15:12 CDT 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, James Mckenzie wrote:

> Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> at Oct 21, 2008 10:04 AM wrote about configure: Require at least version 1.6 of gnutls.
>
> Why are we looking to use gnutls 1.6?  Is there a feature that is
> needed for Wine?  If so, I will have to check Fink before building
> Darwine again.

Yes, we use the following types and functions (and maybe more) which are
not available in the very old Gnutls versions:

   gnutls_alert_description_t
   gnutls_transport_set_errno

For the autoconf check it's probably enough to just check for
gnutls_transport_set_errno() and warn if it's missing.

     The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.