wine users forum registration issue

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 09:27:28 CDT 2008

Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> at Oct 22, 2008 12:36 AM  wrote about wine users forum registration issue

>On Tuesday 21 October 2008 18:25:19 Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
>Given that most people on this list don't seem to use the forum and thus don't
>notice, how about the people who actually use the forum get together and
>figure out a way to make it work? Alternatively, as was suggested before, we
>could ditch the forums and point people to the google groups interface for
>the wine-users list.

+1

>> Doing severe cross-posting to make sure this does get noticed, thanks.
>
>Have a cookie. Don't know why CCing wine-patches should help, unless you want
>patchwatcher to notice.

Or have an adult beverage if you can.  In other words:  Chill.  Life is not worth getting wrapped up in this stuff.

>Right. So the forum software is broken, and all of the Wine devs would rather
>fix Wine than the forums? Sounds like a good case for ditching the forums.

+1.  The forums have been nothing but a problem since their incorporation into the mailing list.  Several long time mailing list users have left due to this.  Their experiences are invaluable and they will not be back until the forums are long gone.

>Will code for cotton.
Will code for food, drink and a place to live.

James McKenzie