wine users forum registration issue

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 03:28:53 CDT 2008

2008/10/23 Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>:
> It took me about five tries to register for the forum several months
> ago. The reason is simple: aging eyesight. I have problems with captchas
> in general, but I have to say that some of the ones used for the forum
> are especially difficult to see because the background of the image also
> contains letters and number, and it is not always obvious which letters
> and numbers are supposed to be "right" ones.

Some captchas are really difficult to read (especially those with
colors for people like me that are color blindless) but some other
aren't. For exemple recaptchas [1] are easily readable. And it also
helps archive.org digitalizing books. Perhaps switching to such a
system will avoid crazy captchas and help people register onto the
forum.

[1] http://recaptcha.net/learnmore.html

(Resending because I have again forgotten wine-devel ...)