user32.dll: Add stub for LockWorkStation

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:53:22 CDT 2008

2008/9/8 Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> wrote:
>> Changelog:
>>        user32.dll: Stub for LockWorkStation()
>>
>> Not sure if user_main.c is the right place but I put it together with
>> ExitWindowsEx.
>
> Would you mind taking a shot at implementing this properly? It was on
> my TODO but I most likely will never get back to it. Here is my patch
> from before which was wrong.
>
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2007-May/039240.html
>
> What we need to do is use SendMessage to talk to the existing
> explorer.exe process and have it do the locking. Feel free to use what
> i have to make a patch if your interested.

Having a stub implementation is a good first step towards a full
implementation, provided that the stub won't cause security issues or
cause more applications to crash, which I don't believe is the case
here.

If you have an existing implementation, you can rebase it on top of
this patch and submit it to wine-devel/wine-patches.

--
Rob Shearman