I just found out that when the input content is already GB2312, “wine” automatically mistakes it for unicode

hawaii.wine wong hawaii.wine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 09:25:52 CDT 2008

*Hi there,

I am a Chinese programmer. I have a problem here with "wine"
As we know "wine" is able to convert unicode to GB2312-- but weirdly, I just
found out that when the input content is already GB2312, "wine"
automatically mistakes it for unicode and therefore attempts to convert it
again—and of course it gets a wrong output.

**I thought "wine" could recognize GB2312 input and knows this input needs
no conversion.

Thanks in advance!!*