Launching a Linux Executable from a Windows app Running under Wine

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:00:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Mike Engelhardt
<mike.engelhardt at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Is there a supported/recommended manner of launching
> an X Window System executable with Linux absolute
> path arguments from a MS Windows application running
> under Linux & WINE?

There is a script to invoke native apps that have a windows
association. I don't know if this will really work the way you want.
If you expect to be able to just click on help and have it invoke xchm
for chm files, then no but if there is a windows association set and
your application tries to open the file using the association method,
like say you have pdf files registered using xpdf and IE tries to Open
the pdf, then yes it will work.

--
Steven Edwards