ws2_32: ioctlsocket should try to check if argp is valid (try 2)

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:13:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> +    if(sock == INVALID_SOCKET)
> +        skip("Creating the socket failed: %d, skipping test.\n",
> WSAGetLastError());
> skip needs a return too.
>
> +        ret = ioctlsocket(sock, cmds[i], (u_long *)1);
> +        if(ok(ret == SOCKET_ERROR, "ioctlsocket succeeded unexpectedly\n"))
> +        {
> I think you mean:
> ok(ret == SOCKET_ERROR...)
> if (ret == SOCKET_ERROR)
> {
> }
> although really the if is unnecessary, as you won't cause a crash if
> the first test fails.
> --Juan

Oops, yes, there should be a return there.  if(ok(expr, seems
perfectly valid, but yes I see that it could be considered
unnecessary.  I only added the if expression because printing the
value of WSALastError(); didn't seem relevant if ioctlsocket
succeeded.  I'll remove the if to simplify it.

Thanks for the feedback
-Jeff