d3dx9_36: Fix the tests for native Windows.

Tony Wasserka tony.wasserka at freenet.de
Wed Sep 10 13:23:08 CDT 2008

yeah, but your patch is only semi-correct in that regard.
What you are referring to (d3dx9.dll) is an import (IMPORTS) of the test
program, i.e. a dll which is needed to run the program. What your patch
is doing with that var is correct (i.e. we must use d3dx9_36 instead of
d3dx9).
However, the IMPORTLIB is the lib which is used to compile the program.
And if Vista didn't change anything about it (and I'm quite sure it
didn't), this MUST be d3dx9(.lib), for some reason, which is only known
by the Microsoft programmers.
So this means, your patch indeed fixed RUNNING the test applications
under Windows, but now they won't COMPILE anymore, because the linker
won't be able to find d3dx9_36.lib (the IMPORTLIB) This is assuming you
didn't install Wines implementation of course; one should be able to
compile the Wine D3DX9 tests out of the box with the official DirectX SDK.

Best regards,
 Tony