configure.ac: add -Werror to default compiler options

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Sep 18 19:59:03 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
> If a commit doesn't break on Alexandre's [and patchwatcher's] box,
> and it gets committed, but it does break on some other machine, what
> then?  Who fixes it?

I suppose the answer there is "patchwatcher builds with multiple compilers"
and/or "affected users with bum compilers turn off -Werror"
and/or "we disable the errors that have high failure rates on some compilers".

> I think that individually, we can turn it on from time to time to see
> what pops up, just like running with valgrind.

You obviously don't understand my plans with patchwatcher and valgrind :-)

> But forcing everyone to run with it seems draconian.

What is "draconian" but a synonym for "dictatotorial"?  Sounds like it
would fit in just fine with Wine's maintainer's style :-)
- Dan