PrintDlgEx [2/7]: Add basic dialog.

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Fri Sep 19 15:41:25 CDT 2008

On Do, 2008-09-18 at 09:58 +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:

> there is no point in adding new resources in English to the other
> languages rc files. If a resource doesn't exist Win32 will automatically
> fail over to use the en_US version.

According to julliard a while ago, this is not the case.
Strings for sure will not fallback, when a group is present, but
incomplete.
(The last digit of the resource-id is the index in the group)
For dialogs, I'm not sure, how large the group is.

> Actually its even detrimental to add the new resources as:
> a.) http://pf128.krakow.sdi.tpnet.pl/wine-transl/ cannot show those
> resources as untranslated.
That's a known missing feature

> b.) The copied English resources have a tendency to bit-rot.
That's a known risk.

> c.) The patch is smaller and offers the exact same functionality.
Smaller: Yes
Same functionality: Not always

--

By by ... Detlef