kernel32: fix PROFILE_Load to handle mac line endings (try 3)

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at anduin.net
Sun Sep 21 08:13:04 CDT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Michael Karcher wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2008, 02:15 +0200 schrieb Erik Inge Bolsø:
> > +    ok(1, "%s\n", content);
> Please use trace(...) instead of ok(1,...). Also, outputting a string
> with newline characters might be irritating, especially as one might
> need a hex viewer to see the difference between the CR-only and CR/LF
> variant. You might want to have
>   trace("test_GetPrivateProfileStringA: Run %d\n");

Oh, that ok is just a debugging relic of my rewrite. I meant to remove it.
Nice catch.

> Instead of a run number, you also might want to pass a description like
> "CR only" or "CR/LF".

I suppose.

> > -    ok(ret == 18, "Expected 18, got %d\n", ret);
> > +    ok(ret == 18, "Run %d: Expected 18, got %d\n", run, ret);
> Questions to everyone: I suppose if the trace above indicates the run
> number, these modifications are unneded. Do you agree?

Surely it must be better to see where the error is right away, instead of
having to do a +trace? Without modifying the test messages, we'll only get
a line number, and no mention of which data caused the test to fail.

--
-erik	http://useofwords.blogspot.com/