comctl32:listview crash on Win98

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 15:26:05 CDT 2008

Listview has a test to ensure that sending a LVM_SETIMAGELIST between
WM_NCCREATE and WM_CREATE works fine.

The problem is that this causes the conformance test to crash on my
Windows 98 OSR0 VM. Right on this line:

static LRESULT CALLBACK create_test_wndproc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM
wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
[...]
    return CallWindowProc(listviewWndProc, hwnd, uMsg, wParam, lParam);
}

I cannot check here but the logs from Windows 95 VM also really look
like it crashes there. So I suspect this happens on all comctl32.dll <
5.0.

The problem is I'm not sure how to check for this so I can skip the
test. Checking the Windows or comctl32 version seems likely to be
rejected. Any other suggestion?

                     f u kn rd ts, ur wy 2 gky 4 ur wn gd.