urlmon/misc test and the use of URLZONEREG_DEFAULT

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:13:49 CDT 2009

Detlef Riekenberg wrote:

>> Ok, I see on test.winehq.org that I'm not the only one:
>>
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/30041c283a77903a1439bef65f96eebbdf90e461/2000_dr-asus/urlmon:misc.html
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/6b6d18d766893ff10a38a4efbbe5ef4ef8e9828b/xp_dr-asus/urlmon:misc.html
>
> When I install a system, I change some IE security settings with the
> internet control panel.
>
> Independant from this thread, I found this description yesterday;
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569
>
>>From the kb page, the settings are stored in HKCU and read from there,
> unless forced to HKLM by Group Policy or the DWORD Security_HKLM_only

I was actually looking at that page yesterday but for something else, duh.

I guess for now we should be save to change the tests to check for HKCU
instead of HKLM (our implementation uses HKCU for default as well).

If there is need we can extend the tests to cover the rules mentioned on
that page (which is a lot).

--
Cheers,

Paul.