Added PulseAudio sound driver

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:45:31 CDT 2009

2009/4/9 Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com>:
> NACK.
>
> remi.assailly at free.fr wrote:
>>
>> I'm submitting the PulseAudio patch from Arthur Talyor.
>
> Guys, stop doing that as it doesn't increases the chance of the patch being
> accepted; quite the contrary.
>
>> As most distros have PulseAudio by default Wine should provide upstream
>> support.
>
> No, not really. winealsa.drv works just fine with PulseAudio too.

Sorry, but Ubuntu and Fedora (and derivatives) do not constitute "most distros".

Also, winealsa.drv doesn't do very well with PulseAudio on most
systems. Some people report better success with wineoss + padsp, but
it's still not a real solution. Real solution is to either have a
libpulse driver with 0 additional latency issues (as opposed to an
ALSA driver for cases when ALSA uses the pulse plugin), or to kill
PulseAudio and just use ALSA directly.

>> Both Fedora and Mandriva have included this work and it is reported to
>> work very well.

Sorry, but Ubuntu and Fedora and Mandriva (and derivatives) still do
not constitute "most distros". I didn't realise they also shipped it
by default.