[4/4] (Try4) msi/tests: Fix package test when run on root drive directory.

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 21:16:08 CDT 2009

2009/4/11 Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com>:
> 2009/4/11 Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/4/11 James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:
>> Let met explain :
>>
>> Running test on wine in folder C:\test : works (expected "C:\test" got
>> "C:\test")
>> Running test on wine in folder C:\ : works (expected "C:\" got "C:\")
>> Running test on wine in folder
>> Z:\home\nlecam\Projects\wine\wine-git\dlls\msi\tests : works (expected
>> "Z:\home\nlecam\Projects\wine\wine-git\dlls\msi\tests" got
>> "Z:\home\nlecam\Projects\wine\wine-git\dlls\msi\tests")
>> Running test on Windows in folder C:\test : works (expected "C:\test"
>> got "C:\test")
>> Running test on Windows in folder C:\ : fails (expected "C:\" got "")
>
> This looks to me like it would be dependent on the WAY you run the test.
>
>> Running test on Windows in folder X:\Documents And
>> Settings\nlecam\Desktop : fails (expected "X:\Documents And
>> Settings\nlecam\Desktop" got "C:\Documents And
>> Settings\nlecam\Desktop")
>
> This looks like X: is mapped to the same place as C:, and wine's path
> translation is picking C: first. If that's so, it would also depend on
> the way you run the test.
>
> Of course, I could be astronomically wrong :D

Hi Ben,

Tests were launched from cmd.exe, current directory was where
executable resides.

Those results (blank and X: becomming C:) were from Windows not Wine.
X: is a network drive.

I admit I should do more tests, at least :
* launch test from a real drive other than C:\
* launch test from another directory than where executable resides.
* install Windows on another drive than C:\, with or without a C:\
drive, to see if it's really SystemDrive that msi takes or just the
first drive it can find.

--
Nicolas Le Cam