wininet: Add tests for asynchronous HttpSendRequestEx/HttpEndRequest.

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:36:48 CDT 2009

2009/4/11 Hans Leidekker <hans at meelstraat.net>:
> On Saturday 11 April 2009 15:20:06 Nicolas Le Cam wrote:
>
>> Is there no way to avoid use of cached connections or to clean the
>> cache before those two tests ?
>> Perhaps moving both tests up and down instead of sleeping at end of
>> them could help.
>
> I looked for a way to disable it but couldn't find any. Moving the tests
> around doesn't really help; if the machine and network are fast enough
> you will still run into this problem.
>
> I thought about merging the tests too, but we want synchronous request
> in the first and asynchronous requests in the second, and you can't have
> both within the same session.
>
> A simple workaround would be to host the posttest.php script on a second
> web server.
>
>  -Hans

It seems moving HttpSendRequestEx_test() to be the last one make test
pass on my machine, but I don't think sending a patch just for that is
worthwhile.

What I don't understand is that my test platform is a virtual one,
running on a laptop, so shouldn't be that fast, and (according to
test.winehq.org) it seems to be the only platform where it occurs
(other platforms timing out were already doing that before your
patch).

Last thing that I don't understand is that it hangs on HttpEndRequest
in HttpSendRequestEx_test(), like if server wasn't answering the
second query. Where it works multiple times for test.winehq.org.

Anyway I will let this one as is, as I can't see a real solution
except moving one of the test to another php script or host
posttest.php script on two different servers.

Thanks for your answers

--
Nicolas Le Cam