[1/2] msi/tests: Test MsiRecordGetString on null and empty strings.

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:21:47 CDT 2009

2009/4/16 James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Nicolas Le Cam <niko.lecam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> While trying to solve ACTION_AppSearchDr problem revealed by my previous
>> patch, I discovered that MSI_RecordGetStringW was returning a buffer
>> length of 1 on null and empty strings.
>>
>> Here is the test, the fix follows.
>>
>> Tested on WinXP and Wine.
>>

> This patch has 39 lines of test code without a single empty line.
> Unit tests test one thing at a time and should be well documented and
> easy to read.
>
> --
> James Hawkins

Hi James,

Even if I was tempted to changed it, I tried to follow original code
style, as stated multiple times on wine-devel.

I will resubmit with empty lines between the different tests.

What do you mean by well documented ? Isn't the test self explanatory ?
I'm setting a null or empty string and verify that getting it back
give me an empty string with a null buffer length for both A and W
versions.

Is a comment like "MsiRecordGetString should return an empty string
and null buffer length when getting back a null or empty string" will
help understanding what I'm trying to do ?

BTW, this patch fixes all current failures in wine for msi package
tests when run on a root drive dir. Unfortunately it also creates 12
new failures. I need to investigate.

Seems that this msi patch series will be bigger than expected ;)

Thanks for the review.

--
Nicolas Le Cam