Suppressing the screen saver in a full screen game

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Apr 16 13:44:30 CDT 2009

Ubuntu 9.04's new notification system is really nice and non obtrusive,
however it can still get in the way if you need the entire screen.
Accordingly, the notifications system has been designed to not draw
notifications when a program such as a movie player is telling the
operating system to suppress the screen saver.

I propose we enable this functionality for Wine whenever we've switched
to a full screen mode.  I assume there's also a similar function for
applications on Windows, so if we haven't done so already we should
probably implement that and suppress the screen saver then as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie