Remote named pipes and stuff.

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 02:58:09 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I'm at SambaXP again, and so of course the cifs Kernel driver folks talked to
me about the named pipe implementation. It seems like they are still trying
to figure out how this could be implemented in the cleanest way.

However, Jeff Layton asked me about a use case, and I have to admit I can't
think of one off the top of my head. So, what application do we have that
fails to work due to the lack of remote named pipes?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin