[1/7] [wined3d] add ps_np2fixup_t struct to ps_compiled_shader

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:31:55 CDT 2009

2009/4/21 Tobias Jakobi <liquid.acid at gmx.net>:
> +struct ps_np2fixup_t {
> +    unsigned char   idx[MAX_FRAGMENT_SAMPLERS]; /* indices to the real constant */
> +    GLfloat*        const_cache; /* constant cache for fast reloading (without readback) */
> +    WORD            swz; /* bitfield used to determine if we have to swizzle the constant */
> +    WORD            num_consts;
> +};
> +

- I'm sure I mentioned this before, but please don't add code without using it.
- Why is this in struct ps_compiled_shader? This really looks like
something that should be internal to the backend.
- What is the point of const_cache?
- Writing "GLfloat* const_cache;" is legal C, but really doesn't make
a lot of sense. The * is part of the declarator rather than the base
type. An example like "int* p, q;" should make this more obvious.
- swz is redundant. "prog->np2Fixup_data->swz & (1 << i)" really isn't
more efficient than "idx & 1"