NetBSD compiler warnings patches - review request

David Laight david at l8s.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 02:00:34 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:46:38AM -0500, Austin English wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I recently started retesting NetBSD (5.0 this time), and have filed
> bugs for most of the warnings. A few of them I have patches ready for,
> but figured I should probably get reviewed first:
>
> There's a NetBSD bug here. Their version of getdirentries returns the
> old 32-bit inode struct dirent, while dirent.h has the  new 64-bit
> inode struct dirent inode since NetBSD version 3.99.8. While it
> arguably should be fixed on their end, we already have a wrapper in
> there for an OS X bug...

I asked a few other developers last night, getdirentries() is only
present for binary compatibility with old binaries.  There shouldn't
be a prototype for it in dirent.h (or anywhere else).

Really the code should use opendir() etc (which are the posix functions).
I've not looked at what wine is doing here, but the value returned by
lseek() for directories isn't necessarily a byte offset.

	David

David Laight: david at l8s.co.uk