Need help writing test

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Apr 25 06:21:10 CDT 2009

Hi Igor

> I've found few visual glitches in comctl32/toolbar, and now try to
> write this all down as conformance tests,

Thanks for your work on comctl32

> TB_SETBITMAPSIZE 20,20
> TB_SETBUTTONSIZE 30,30
> TB_SETBITMAPSIZE 10,10
>
> Now, if you do TB_SETBUTTONSIZE, you'll see the difference. builtin
> comctl will return 17,16. Native - 30,16.

Did you mean TB_GETBUTTONSIZE?
Native comctl32 in Wine or native on Windows?

Did you test your used size in Windows with different UI settings?
( dpi, Theme)
I expect, that you will get a different result.
(I will try your code, when I'm back at home)

> This test fails, when I test it with native comctl32 (the size is
> 17,16). Why could this happen or what am I doing wrong?

It's possibele, that Wine can resize the Height (shink to 16) but fail to resize the Width (shrink to 17)
When native comctl32 in returns 30,16 in Wine, but 17,16 in Windows, then something outside comctl32 is expected by native comctl32, but missing/wrong in Wine.

--
By by ... Detlef