New Icons are very good, but not yet perfect

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Sat Apr 25 12:08:22 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Great stuff with the new Tango icons for Wine - they're a definite
improvement. One observation: it looks like the icons that I have
installed do not have versions that have been tuned for small size:
16x16 and especially 22x22. If I understand correctly, the scaled icons
were drawn for 48x48, which means that when the icon is drawn at size
22x22 in my gnome menu, there will be line width of 0.46px which looks
too faint next to the other icons which have been tuned for small sizes,
and have 1px lines.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks
Joel Holdsworth