The DIB engine... does anyone know how to get it into Wine?

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Tue Apr 28 08:43:50 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I was thinking just yesterday to a temporary solution that could, maybe, be
useful without "disturbing" wine main workflow.
My new approach has the structure of an "independent" driver which, even if
it uses winex11 for DDB processing, is seen as a completely separated driver
by gdi32.
By its structure it's also quite independent of wine main tree, in sense that
he needs just a very small patch of gdi32, and could be made also working
without this patch.
So, my proposal : the engine could be added to wine tree as a new, alternative
driver. Then people could choose if use winex11 OR winedib.
That temporary solution could stand up to the "right" approach to integrate the
engine into gdi32 is found.

Ciao

Max