The DIB engine... does anyone know how to get it into Wine?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:51:42 CDT 2009

Hi,

Massimo demonstrated the need for a DIB engine for Autocad but the way
it is implemented is not fully correct. We already talked a bit about
that on IRC. He is right that it should be implemented inside gdi32
and that it should be done in small steps (where possible). His idea
is to add his 'DIB engine' and then fix the rest of the code and let
everything converge in the end to the 'right' design. Part of the
right design is that winex11.drv shouldn't work directly on DIBs
anymore.

Alexandre hasn't commented on the design except for saying that he
didn't think that Massimo his current patches would converge to the
'right' design. Personally I think that the initial work for a DIB
engine should focus on moving the DIB code away from winex11.drv. This
is not a simple task and will likely require large patches. When all
DIB code is abstracted away from winex11.drv adding a DIB engine will
be a lot easier.

Roderick