[2/5] WineD3D: Improve the GLSL spam filter

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 28 13:41:09 CDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 28. April 2009 20:09:32 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> Having useful warnings is useful, of course. However, it's really up
> to the driver to provide useful infolog messages. I'm sure you
> remember I had doubts about filtering the infolog when this was first
> added, and this patch just takes it to a whole new level by parsing
> the infolog
The other positive side effect of the \n parsing is that we don't send a big
string to dbgstr_a, but write proper lines for each line the driver sends us,
which makes the errors actually readable in a normal log. There are also some
users who considered the extension-unsupported spam an actual error which led
to confusion in bug reports and forums because it was prominently visible
output.

But anyway, I don't want to start a big fight over a debug function. If you're
unhappy with the patch I can keep it in my tree or put it into the wiki and
be happy with it.